|2 cups||Restaurant Style Diner Style Hash Browns|
|¾ cup||White Onion, diced|
|¾ cup||Celery, diced|
|1½ cups||35% Cream|
|1¼ lbs||Shellfish (lobster/crab/scallops/shrimp), prepared|
|¼ cup||Fish Stock|
|2 tbsp||Oyster Sauce|
|¼ cup||Fresh Parsley, finely chopped|
|½ tsp||Fresh Thyme, finely chopped|
- Place butter, onions, celery and Diner Style Hash Browns in a large non-stick skillet or frying pan on the stove top over medium heat and cook for 4-5 minutes.
Note: cook evenly stirring frequently to cook the ingredients as to not brown them. Reduce heat if necessary to avoid any browning.
- Transfer sautéed mixture to stock pot, add shellfish and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on stove top over medium heat and stir frequently allowing it to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- During that time slowly add fish stock to the pot to prevent browning.
Note: add fish stock as needed to avoid browning and/or slightly reduce temperature.
- Add thyme and half of the parsley and cook for 1-2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add milk, cream and oyster sauce and cook for 6-8 minutes stirring regularly.
- Add flour slowly, mixing well, and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Note: if a thicker consistency of soup is preferred, leave on the stove top until desired consistency is achieved.
- Garnish with the remaining parsley and serve.
Note: shellfish to be pre-cooked (deveined, shelled, etc.) and chopped into ½”- 1” pcs.
Note: canned, frozen (then thawed) or purchased pre-cooked shellfish can be substituted.