|1 tsp||ground cinnamon|
| || |
|4 cups||FlavourCrisp Sweet Potato Fries, frozen|
|1¾ cups||all purpose flour|
| ½ tsp||ground cinnamon|
| ½ tsp||nutmeg, freshly grated|
|2 tsp||baking powder|
| ½ tsp||salt|
| ½ cup||sugar|
| ½ cup||canola oil|
| ½ cup||milk|
| ½ tsp||orange zest|
| ¾ cup||orange juice, freshly squeezed|
| ¾ cup||pecans, chopped|
In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 12 standard muffin cups with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a saucepan, boil 2 cups of water. Add the frozen Cavendish FlavourCrisp Sweet Potato Fries. Cook over medium-high until tender, 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
3. Place cooked potatoes in a food processor and pulse gently until slightly fluffy. Transfer potatoes to a bowl and let cool to room temperature.
4. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt.
5. In another bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil, milk, zest and orange juice. Whisk together for 1 minute. Add sweet potatoes and beat until completely blended. Slowly add in flour mixture until evenly moistened.
6. Fold pecans into mixture until evenly distributed.
7. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups and sprinkle with topping.
8. Place muffin pan into oven for 20-25 minutes.
9. Transfer pan to wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes.