|2½ cups||Restaurant Style Diner Style Hash Browns|
|¼ cup||Vegetable oil|
|2 each||Chicken breasts, grilled and sliced|
|2 tsp||Mustard seeds|
|½ tsp||Black ground pepper|
|½ cup||Chili peppers, chopped|
|1 tsp ||Cumin, turmeric and/or corriander|
|1 tsp||Ginger, minced|
|1 tbsp||Curry powder|
|2 tbsp||Fresh lemon juice|
|1 cup||Yogurt, plain|
|2 tbsp||Fresh cilantro|
Note: Jalapeno, Habenero or Bell Pepper can be substituted
Note: Real mustard can be used if mustard seeds are not available
- Grill chicken and set aside or hold.
- Place vegetable oil and Diner Style Hash Browns in a large non-stick skillet or frying pan on the stove top over medium-high heat and cook for 5-6 minutes stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium and add chicken and mustard seeds. Stir frequently and cook until the mustard seeds start to “jump” or “pop”. If using regular mustard, cook until chicken begins to brown.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add salt, pepper, chilies, cumin, ginger and curry powder.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes stirring or tossing 2-3 times.
- Squeeze with lemon juice and stir in yogurt.
- Divide into serving dishes and garnish with grilled chicken.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve.
Serving suggestion: serve with fresh, baked or grilled Naan, Roti or Pita bread
Note: Some of the plain yogurt can be served as a dip as well.