|3 cups||Cavendish Farms Diced Hash Brown Potatoes|
|4-5 slices||bacon, diced|
|1 can||poblano peppers, seeded, diced|
|½ cup ||whipping cream|
|4||corn ears, steamed and cut off the cob|
|2||fresh green chiles, diced|
|1 tsp||ground cumin|
|¼ tsp ||salt|
|1||heirloom tomato, seeded, diced|
| || |
- Heat large pot over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until crispy. Transfer cooked bacon to a bowl, leaving the fat in the bottom of the pan.
2. Sauté the Diced Hash Brown Potatoes in the bacon fat, cooking for about 5 minutes.
3. Add diced onions and poblano peppers. Continue to cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, until all of the vegetables are soft.
4. Add milk and whipping cream to the potato, onion and pepper mixture. Use an immersion blender to partially puree the softened vegetable mixture to the desired texture. Reduce heat and bring the soup to a simmer.
5. Add the corn, diced green chiles, and cumin and stir to combine. Add salt to taste.
6. Put half the tomatoes in the soup and simmer for about 5 more minutes.
7. Ladle the soup into bowls, and top with tomato mixture and bacon.