|3 cups||Cavendish Farms Steak Cut Fries, prepped|
|1¼ cup||all purpose flour|
|1||large egg yolk, beaten|
|1||coarse kosher salt|
|1 lb||ground beef or pork, cooked, drained|
| ¼ tsp||salt|
| ¼ tsp||pepper|
|4 cups||tomato/pasta sauce|
| ½ cup||beef stock|
|2 tbsp||basil pesto|
|3 tbsp||grated parmesan cheese|
- Half fill a medium stock pot with hot water and place on the stove top over high heat and bring to a boil.
2. Place Cavendish Farms® Steak Cut Potatoes in the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
3. Place the potatoes into the potato ricer and press through firmly until there is enough for three cups.
4. Place into a mixing bowl and add 1 cup of flour; mix well.
5. Add the egg yolk, coarse salt and then mix.
6. Place mixture out onto lightly floured counter or cutting board.
7. Knead until dough comes together and form into a ball; divide into 4 pieces.
8. Roll each piece between hands and work surface into 3/4-inch-thick tube.
9. Cut each of the tubes into 3/4-inch pieces. Place aside until all are cut.
10. Place hot water in a large stock pot and place on the stove top over high heat and bring to a boil.
11. Working in batches, cook gnocchi for about 4 minutes or until gnocchi rise to surface of water.
12. Remove carefully and drizzle gnocchi with olive oil and toss to coat.
13. Place medium fry pan on the stove top over medium heat.
14. Place ground meat into the frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
15. Add pasta sauce, beef stock and pesto. Mix and cook for 3-4 minutes.
16. Add gnocchi and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally.
17. Remove from stove, plate, garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve.